ACMP certification, quite often referred as Aruba Certified Mobility Professional certification program is manifested for those professionals who have a strong knowledge and skills in the utilization and implementing the Aruba network solution's on a larger scale. This certification makes the candidate an Aruba Network certified specialist. This certification will not only give you a competitive edge in the market but also provide you enhanced employment opportunities. The certification will be testing your knowledge workflows, configuring the items and objects, user groups, privileges etc.
Who can do the certification?
ACMP certification program targets those technical personnel who have one year of experience in the subject of networking and GUI operation and implementing the same for the organization in a working environment. The course is open for all and those folks, who are having the desire to learn about GUI interfacing, CLI configuration etc. must not have any second thoughts in going for this course.
The ACMP certification program will have lots of positive benefits on your career. Besides widening the base of your knowledge, you can answer real world based complex problems without any difficulty. The certification is certainly going to guarantee a higher average pay scale when compared with you non-certified competitors in the market.
The only criteria that can land you ACMP certification is the certification examination. You need to clear this test for achieving the feat of certification. Things in detail on the same have been provided soon after.
The first and foremost requirement for this course is a minimum of one year of experience in this field performing various assessments about architecture and implementing the GUI solutions. Apart from that, candidate should also be familiar with standards, concepts and principles of CLI interpretation. Understanding of security of the system and troubleshooting essentials skills are also required for this course. Basic concepts related to IAW courseware and VRDs should also be on tips of the candidate.
Aruba Certified Mobility Professional certification exam will be including the following topics:
- Knowledge about product, topology designing, GUI interfacing, CLI troubleshooting, CLI configuration, planning and designing, RF Protect, Firewall policies and operations etc.
- Controller mobility model, user scaling as per different models, scaling the limits for remote AP, power supply and chassis controller module and Ethernet support.
- Indoor and outdoor AP models, internal and external antennae models, power supporting models greater than Ethernet support, 802.11 support model.
- Licensing the model, functions and features of software licenses from Aruba, implement the features includes in ArubaOS.
- Firewall policies and roles, policy and firewall designing function, troubleshooting firewall rule, applying firewall policy to roles and user interface, introduction to Ethertype ACL.
- Understanding the roles and role derivation, understanding and using built-in aliases, functioning of source and destination NAT, describing VLAN and NAT functionality.
- Authentication operation and pre-shared keys, captive portal and open system with credentials and guest logon and configuring the controller through wizard.
- IP address and VLAN configuration, network time and port configuration, LAN and license configuration, controller role and WLAN configuration for employee and guest SSIDs.
- Radius server and 802.1X configuration and customization, software upgrades of APs and controllers, AP management and interface layout, configuration, monitoring and security screens.
- License management and power, transmission distances and standards, layer 2 and layer 3 roaming, configuration of HAT table and mobility domains.
- RF management and self healing of ARM, power selection and ARM spectrum and band steering load, airtime fairness and rate shaping of ARM, spectrum monitor and ARM scanning.
- Encryption and centralized auth, local and master controller configuration, machine authentication and derivation rules, and RF Protect access control.
You will be acquiring the new skills such as planning deployment, introduction to Aruba platform and their solutions and applications throughout the course. You will also be able to perform various operations and functions on ArubaOS networks.
The certification exam will have total 75 MCQ type questions and 90 minutes will be provided to complete the test. Minimum of 65% will be required in the exam to clear it successfully.
Validity of the certification
The Aruba Certified Mobility Professional certification is going to be legal for use for 3 years. After this, there will be a strong requirement of recertification. The recertification process can also be taken before the end of two years if one wishes to try their hands on the product ASAP.
The Aruba certifications are comprehensive leader in technical industry in the world. These have continued to keep up high standards over these years and will continue to do in the future also. Certification is the only way to go about it and Aruba certification is the way to go about it.
Ringadium Lavosa, Brick & Brine
Happy Adventure, Canada