Pass Your SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection Exams - 100% Money Back Guarantee!
Get Certified Fast With Latest & Updated SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection Preparation Materials
Certification: SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection
Certification Full Name: Symantec Certified Specialist Symantec Endpoint Protection
Certification Provider: Symantec
Test-King is working on getting SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection certification exams training materials available.
Request SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection Certification Exam
Request SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection exam here and Test-King will get you notified when the exam gets released at the site.
Please provide code of SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection exam you are interested in and your email address so we can inform you when requested exam will become available. Thanks!
SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection Certification Info
SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection certification course is those professionals who deals with the field of system administration or from IT security or networking and have their regular task in the domains like spyware protection, monitoring virus, zero-day protection, implementing, networking and protection solutions and architecting etc. The course will be covering designing, deploying, monitoring, configuring, installing and managing the Endpoint Protection by Symantec.
Who may do this certification?
The certification targets the professionals who are related in the field of system administrator, system professionals, resellers, network manager, security administrators for clients and the consultants who have their day-to-day work in the operations related to configuration, installation and the regular management of Symantec Endpoint Protection tool in many different network environments and all those who deals with trouble shooting and performance tuning of the product in the working environment.
The SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection certification will be enabling the practitioners to adapt and provide solutions to the real life situations. You will also be able to demonstrate the knowledge you are possessing and proficiency in each product form a worldwide recognized qualification. You will be gaining enough hands-on experience in the course throughout that you can apply it immediately in the field. The practitioner will also gain benefit to align the strategies, delivering the mechanism required for change and refine strategies for the organization.
SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection certification course can be achieved by following the two step mechanism. First is to go through a five day long training course through a training partner of Symantec or by e-learning with the use of free e-library. Then the second step includes the exam 250-315 which can be taken following the training course. Both steps need to be completed successfully for achieving the certification.
The candidate must have understanding and familiarity with the computer advanced terminologies including the networking terms such an TCP/IP and the internet terms and the administration knowledge of Windows operating system in 2000/XP/2003 operating systems. Getting familiar with these terms is an essential ingredient of the certification process.
The topics for the exam include a bigger list of:
- Course content and introduction.
- Endpoint Protection Solution, its related services, components, technologies, product tiers, policies and concepts etc.
- Installation of the Endpoint Protection tool, preparing the servers for installing and configuring the protection manager.
- Configuring the Endpoint Protection Product, navigating SEPM and authentication.
- Clients Deployment, requirements and preparing for set up, installation settings, features and packages and configuring the unmanaged detector.
- Policy and client management, client administration, configuring the groups and locations, configuration modes, client and Tamper settings.
- Configurations of content updates, Live Update, configuring SEPM for Live Update, configuring GUPs and update the virus definitions.
- Designing the Endpoint Environment, architecture, SEPM ratios, database sizing and complete the deployment.
- Introduction to SONAR, Insight and antivirus, spyware and virus protection policies and administer the scans.
- Managing the spyware and virus protection policies, configuring the scans, protection settings and scans, e-mail and advanced option scanning and managing the scanned clients.
- Exception policies management and configuring policies.
- Introduction to threat protection, device control and application, firewall basics, intrusion prevention, and access protection.
- Firewall policies management, overview, defining the rule components, modifying and configuring the rules, stealth and integration settings.
- Intrusion policies management, configuring prevention and custom signatures.
- Device control and application policies management, defining control and modifying various policy rules.
- Virtualization features, image exception, insight cache and client tagging.
Skills related to the topics of database and server management, managing the SEPM servers, maintain server security and managing database and administrators will be required and may be accustomed in the training course. Experience in recovering from the disaster techniques will prove to be handy.
The exam will consist of 75-85 questions and total time of 105 minutes will be given to submit the test. 67% is the minimum score required to clear the test successfully and make yourself eligible for certification.
Validity of the certification
The SCS Symantec Endpoint Protection certification course has no expiry date. This means that the value of certification will be there till there is enough demand from the market and the industries and adding to your benefit, it is regardless of the product version.
SCS certification will demonstrate the competency and knowledge to many clients along with providing long term savings and profit for the company. It also provides reassurance to the employers and acts as an independent advertisement of the expertise in the product.
Jon Mickelson, Velda Ltd.
Oslahama, New Zealand