Tmap NEXT - Study tips which can make a difference
TMap NEXT certificate is delivered by EXIN for IT Professionals to validate their expertise in Structured Software Testing. Many MNC recognises EXIN's TMap Next for testing their candidate's fluency in softwares. TMap NEXT is built on the approach of Test Management driven by Sogeti Business. It can be applied in various software testing environments.
TMap NEXT certification is provided for two branch namely Test Engineer and Test Manager. Engineer level certification certifies that the candidate have skill to prepare and implement the tests. They will know the resources and techniques, and will be able to deliver a good software. Test Manager Certification ensures the candidates are skilled in coordinating and managing test. These certification are the proof that the professionals can handle any type of problem arising in testing environment and management.
TMap NEXT Test Engineer certification is for Professionals who work on software testing on a daily basis. Experience of six months in software testing is a must before attending this certification exam. This certification exam can be taken on exin.com and it's a multiple choice question. The exam is for one hour with 30 questions. The passing score is 65% and no electronic gadget or book is permitted in the exam.
The best method in preparing for this exam is to follow the coursework/training provided by EXIN with the help of 'TMap Next, for result-driven testing' book by Koomen et al. This text book consist of various chapters that are linked directly with the examination. The main topics for which one should concentrate for this exam are:
- Framework and testing importance (15%): the candidate must be clear upon testing and evaluation, approaches involved in structured testing, point of focus and characteristics of a tester and TMap processes, its toolbox and its properties.
- TMap system tests and life cycle acceptance (40%): this involves the knowledge in test management and implement phases of TMap.
- Development tests (5%): the candidate must know about types in development test, their characteristics and advantages and disadvantages of improving the context.
- Test Design (40%): this includes the understanding of various types and techniques involved in test design, its concepts, test cases and coverage types.
TMap Next Test Manager focuses on the coordination and management skills of a professional in preparing a test plan and performing a product risk analysis. The candidate is required to have a TMap NEXT Test Engineer certification before attending this certification. The exam is for 90 minutes and it's a computer based multiple choice examination. The exam consist of 40 questions and it requires a pass mark of 65% to gain this certificate. No electronic gadget or book is permitted in this exam.
The same book followed for Test Engineer is followed for this exam as well. The complete list of which chapter to be covered for each exam is provided in EXIN website. Care should be taken not to mix-up the chapters while preparing. The main topics to be covered in this exam are:
- Management of test processes (30%): it includes the understanding of master test plan as well as the management of it.
- System tests and acceptance (40%): it includes the understanding of infrastructure phases, its management and planning, test tools, test statistics, various techniques involved in evaluation, and the knowledge of various testing environment.
- Development tests (10%): It includes the skill in specifying measures for development test, to implement quality controls and examples for objectives and activities in development test phases.
- Supporting Processes (20%): it includes the understanding of test policies of permanent test organisations, test environment requirements, tool policy implementation and defining functions of various training courses.
EXIN also provides classroom training as well as online course to help one prepare for this exam. The courses are compulsory and they are the best way to prepare for these exams. By following the courses and the prescribed book, it will be an easy task to attain these certifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.