Certification Full Name: Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
Certification Provider: Software Certifications
Exam Code: CSTE
Exam Name: CSTE Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE)
The Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification is intended to establish a base set of standards and provide direction for the testing functionality through a rigorousinstructive program. By obtaining the designation of a Certified Software Tester (CSTE), it indicates that a professional level of knowledge in the ideology and practice of IT quality controls. Certified Software Testers become members of a globally recognized professional group and they receive recognition of their competence by their business and professional peers. This canlead to better career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as an advisor to the IT management team.
In previous years, the CSTE exam was only available at fixed locations and times. This is no longer the case, and students can take this exam at any Pearson VUE Testing Center. Seats for this exam are based on the availability at each site. This depends on when you plan to schedule the exam. Available can be checked online at vue.com.
This exam is multiple-choice, consisting of 100 questions. A passing score of 70% is required, and you will have 75 minutes to complete the exam.
There are prerequisites required for this certification, which are outlined below:
To qualify, each applicant must meet ONE of the following prerequisites listed below:
- A four year degree from an accredited college or university with an additional 2 years of experience in the information services (IS) field.
- A three year degree from an accredited college or university with an additional 3 years of experience in the information services (IS) field.
- A two year degree from an accredited college or university with an additional four years of experience in the information services (IS) field.
- Six years or more of experience in the information services (IS) field
You must be currently working, or have worked at any time within the last 1.5 years, in the information services (IS) field.
All candidates will be tested on the current Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) skill categories outlined below:
- Topic 1: Software Testing Principles and Concepts
- Topic 2: Building the Test Environment
- Topic 3: Managing the Test Project
- Topic 4: Test Planning
- Topic 5: Executing the Test Plan
- Topic 6: Test Status, Analysis and Reporting
- Topic 7: User Acceptance Testing
- Topic 8: Testing Software Developed by Outside Organizations
- Topic 9: Testing Software Controls and the Adequacy of Security Procedures
- Topic 10: Testing New Technologies
Benefits of CSTE Certification
The CSTE certification program aids in the following:
- Motivate professionals by taking on software testing responsibilitiesso that they are able to maintain their professional capability.
- Assist professionals in improving and augmenting the software testing programs within an organization.
- Define the tasks associated with software testing duties in order to evaluate the necessary software testing sills.
- Demonstrate an individual's willingness to improve their career professionally.
- Acknowledge the fulfillment of a globally recognized standard of professional competency.
- Aid organizations in selecting and promoting qualified job candidates.
The Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) was founded in 1980 to represent the software quality assurance (QA) industry. The first certification began development in 1985 and the first formal certification exam was launched in 1990. Since its inception, this institute has certified over 37,000 IT professionals in over 45 countries spanning 6 different continents.
When I first got hired at my new firm, I was really struggling at work. For years, I repeatedly got passed over for promotions and got assigned to less than glamorous projects. Then I decided to become a Certified Software Tester, even though this was not mandatory and not even expected from me at the time. I found that I learned a lot through my studies during the certification process, and my manager took notice as well. I was a more knowledgeable, capable, and confident employee. The following year, I received that promotion and I am now enjoying working on much more prestigious and important assignments.
Lisa Andrews, Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, The Core Group, LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.