Describe Network resources for implementing EIGRP in a network
Since routing is the soul of any network, a network administrator must know the pre-requisites for implementing routing in a network. No proper considerations in designing routing can lead to network outages. In this article we will be discussing the pre-requisites and the implementation plan for EIGRP in a network.
Following pre-requisites must be included in theimplementation plan for implementing EIGRP in a network.
- Updated Network diagram
- IP addressing scheme
- Network topology including the type of links, bandwidth associated with each and their utilization.
- List of routers to be included in EIGRP process
- Autonomous number to be used for the EIGRP on all routers.
- Networks to be included in EIGRP.
- Interface to be excluded from EIGRP.
- Boundaries for EIGRP
- Redistribution of any other routing protocol or static routes.
- Any distribute lists to be implemented and their direction i.e. ingress or egress.
- Routes to be exchanged
- Route Summarization points if required.
- Deciding the Stub areas if required.
- If EIGRP authentication to be used. Its type and key.
- If any path to be preferred other than the default successor route by EIGRP.
- If load balancing is required or not.
- If any non default distance to be configured or not.