Determine Network Resources needed for Implementing OSPF on a Network
Implementing any routing in a network requires the administrators to have a complete checklist and resources in hand to avoid any unforeseen outage of the services.
Following pre-requisites must be included in the implementation plan for implementing OSPF in a network.
- Updated Network diagram
- IP addressing scheme
- Network topology including the type of links, bandwidth associated with each and their utilization.
- List of routers to be included in OSPF process
- Process ID to be used for the OSPF on every router.
- Networks to be included in OSPF.
- Interface to be excluded from OSPF.
- Boundaries for OSPF.
- Redistribution of any other routing protocol or static routes.
- Routes to be exchanged
- Route Summarization points if required.
- Deciding the Stub areas if required.
- If OSPF authentication to be used. Its type and key.
- If any path to be preferred other than the default s OSPF selected route.