EXIN ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) certification is aimed at Business Managers and IT professionals who work in organizations that have adopted ITIL approach for IT service management. ITIL is most widely accepted in the world for a set of best practices that it offers for the management of IT services in an organization. These best practices ensure that the organization is delivering appropriate services, meeting business goals, and delivering benefits by following a systematic and professional approach. ITIL allow professionals to identify, plan, deliver, and support IT services to a business.
ITIL follows a modular and tiered structure for ITIL exams that allow candidates to select different disciplines and areas of ITIL that are most suitable for them. This makes ITIL qualifications more accessible and achievable.
ITIL certification consists of one foundation level exam, ten intermediate level exams, and one executive level of certification, as detailed below.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Exam
The ITIL Foundation exam is aimed at IT professionals who want to know more about IT Service Management. This exam is a prerequisite for all the ITIL Intermediate exams and is also required to achieve EXIN Certified Integrator Secure Cloud Services title.
There are no prerequisites for this exam.
The ITIL Foundation exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions that need to be completed in 60 minutes. The maximum marks for the exam are 40 and you must score 26 marks (65%) marks to clear the exam.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification exams are free-standing qualification certifications in themselves but are also the part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream. They are the qualification modules that lead to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The Intermediate certification exams offered by ITIL are:
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement Certificate
- ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Certificate
- ITIL Operational Support and Analysis Certificate
- ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization Certificate
- ITIL Release, Control and Validation Certificate
- ITIL Service Design Certificate
- ITIL Service Operation Certificate
- ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements Certificate
- ITIL Service Strategy Certificate
- ITIL Service Transition Certificate
- The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. Or
- Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge. Or
- ITIL Expert in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
In addition, each intermediate exam has its own prerequisites related to the professional experience in the same field, basic IT literacy, and personal study.
The ITIL Intermediate exams consists of 8 multiple choice, scenario-based, and gradient-scored questions that need to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question has 4 possible answer options which are worth 5 marks, 3 marks, 1 mark, and no marks. The no marks option is the distracter option.
The maximum marks for the exam are 40 and you must score 28 marks (70%) marks to clear the exam. The candidates who are taking exam in their non-native language will get a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
ITIL Master Qualification
The ITIL Master Qualification is the highest l ITIL Qualification that can be achieved by a professional. It validates practical application skills of the candidate to implement ITIL framework in the work place.
- The ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management
- At least five years of experience in leadership, managerial or higher/senior management advisory roles in IT service management.
The ITIL Expert Certification does not require you to take an exam. Rather it can be taken by written submissions and candidate interview. The timescale for completion of certification is between six months to 24 months. The assessment stages are:
- Registration with EXIN
- Application Completion
- Submission of a Proposal outlining:
- the real life situation to be addressed, and
- the Elements of ITIL to be applied to the situation
- Preparation and submission of a Work Package for assessment
- Attendance at an interview to support the Work Package assessment
ITIL Certification Benefits
EXIN ITIL certification allows you to:
- Identify, plan, deliver, and support IT services to business.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction with the use of a more professional approach to service delivery.
- Improve your productivity to provide high quality of IT services.
- Get yourself recognized globally for your knowledge and skills.
- Become more knowledgeable, get hired fast, and stand distinct among peers.
The ITIL certification has help me to get recognition for my IT service management skills in my company. The ITIL certificate exams have helped me to achieve a systematic and professional approach to identify, plan, deliver, and support IT services in my company.
John Lewis, IT Professional, Ernst & Young MY.