Certification Full Name: Information Systems Security Engineering Professional
Certification Provider: ISC
Exam Code: CISSP-ISSEP
CISSP-ISSEP Exam Product Screenshots
CISSP-ISSEP certification is an expert level certification for CISSPS offered by International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 in conjunction with U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). It is aimed at systems security engineering professionals who want to incorporate security into business processes, software products, and all kinds of other information systems. This exam focuses on US Government C&A (Certification and Accreditation) and RMF (Risk Management Framework) related processes.
It is a globally recognized certification and is the most sought certification credential for Senior Systems Engineers, IA System Engineers, Senior Security Analysts, Information Assurance Analysts, and Information Assurance officers.
Before taking CISSP-ISSEP certification exam:
- You need to be CISSP certified in good standing.
- You need to have at least 2 years of full time paid experience in the area of security engineering.
- You have no criminal history or the similar background.You will be asked to respond to four yes/no questions regarding the same before taking the exam.
The Exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions that need to be answered within 3 hours. The 25 questions in the exam are research questions and are not graded in the exam. You need to pass the exam with 70% or better score. The exam also requires you to agree to (ISC)2 code of ethics and claim to have a clean criminal history.
If you are not able to clear the ISSAP exam in the first attempt then you can take the exam again in 30 days. If you fail again, then you need to wait for 90 days before taking the exam for the third time. Next available time to sit for the exam is after 180 days after the third attempt. In a calendar year, you can take maximum six attempts to take the exam.
The annual maintenance fee for the credential is $35.00 in addition to $85 annual maintenance fees that you pay for CISSP certification.
CISSP exam is based on the following sixCISSP-ISSEP CBK domains:
- Systems Security Engineering: This objective tests your understanding of the concepts such as defence in depth, systems lifecycle, and risk assessment. In addition, it tests your skills to use Information Assurance Technical Framework (IATF) to understand the users' need to protect their information systems and then design their systems accordingly.
- Certification and Accreditation / Risk Management Framework: This objective tests your understanding of the Certification and Accreditation and Risk Management Framework processes. It tests your skills to identify, understand, and implement these processes.
- Technical Management: This objective tests your understanding of the security tasks related to the system development models and how to mitigate those risks.
- U.S. Government Information Assurance Related Policies and Issuances: This objective tests your skills to understand, identify, and apply the regulations as specified by the United States Government Information Assurance regulations.
CISSP-ISSEP certification allows you to:
- Gain specialization in of system engineering principals and processes.
- Develop secure systems for organizations as per their requirements after analyzing their needs.
- Earn 25% more than non-certified professionals.
- Show your commitment towards your profession with enhanced credibility and marketability.
- Get yourself recognized globally and stand distinct among your fellow professionals.
After gaining CISSP-ISSEP certification I feel well versed in system engineering methodologies. I can now use Information Assurance Technical Framework to understand the user's needs and apply system engineering mechanisms to develop and design security solutions for the clients which are aligned to Certification and Accreditation and Risk Management Framework processes.
RichardBrown, Senior Security Analysts,Pinkerton Risk Management Services
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.