VNX Solutions - Preparation tips which can make a difference
VNX Solutions is a Professional Certification provided by EMC2 Corporation. This certification is primarily benefited for Storage professionals who deploy and manage VNX Solutions in Windows, VMware and Linux environment. This certification comes under EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA) Specialist track. The candidate need to pass both Associate Level and Specialist Level Exams to attain this certification.
VNX Solutions Associate Exam (E10-001)
The VNX Solutions Associate level certification is attained by passing Information Storage and Management (ISM) v2 exam. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes with 65 queries. It deals with the basic aspects of storage systems and their development from cloud to intelligent computing. The topics covered for this exam are Storage systems and its technologies in networking, backup and replication for non-stop protection, cloud computing, security and management of data storage.
Successful candidate gains the certification of EMC Information Storage Associate v2 (EMCSA) and this exam is the base for many EMC certifications. The best book to be followed for the preparation of this examination is 'Information Storage and Management' 2nd Ed by John Wiley & Sons. This book covers the entire syllabus for this associate level examination. It offers Instructor-led training and Video Instructor-led training which takes totally 40 hours to complete the course. The course fee is around USD $600.
VNX Solutions Specialist Exam (E20-547)
The VNX Solutions Specialist Exam focuses on the configuration and management of VNX Series File based Storage NAS solutions and Block based SAN solutions in virtual, open and mixed environments. The products to be practiced for this exam includes VNX OE Block and File, PowerPath, Management of VNX Unisphere and Navisphere Secure, FAST, Local and Remote Protection on VNX, Application protection, Security for host encryption, Event handler, and FLR.
The main topics to be covered for this exam includes the following:
- Implementing Security for VNX: This covers the Implementation of Control Station and auditing Storage processor, Event monitoring and Notification Methods for VNX.
- Management of Block Storage Provisioning: This covers Classic LUNs, RAID groups, Pool LUNs, FAST Cache and FAST VP.
- Management of Host Access to Block based Storage: This covers the Access Logix, Mapping and masking of LUN, requirements for configuration, host integration and connectivity requirements, iSCSI and VNX FC connections to Windows, Linux and VMware.
- Management of Host Access to File based Storage: This covers Networking of Data Mover, AVM and file systems, NFS and CIFS File System Export, Virtual Data Mover, Usermapper, and High availability of Data Mover.
- Local Replication: This topic covers SnapView Snapshots, Requirements, Operations, Configuration and Management of Clone theory, VNX Snapshots, VNX SnapSure theory and RecoverPoint/SE CDP.
- Remote Replication: This topic includes the Use cases and Operations of MirrorView theory, VNX replicator theory, RecoverPoint/SE CRR.
- Application protection and Compliance: This topic covers the efficient uses of Application Suite such as Data protection advisor and replication manager, Efficient uses of Compliance and Security Suite such as Event handler, host encryption and FLR, Integration of VNX with VMware.
This Specialist-level course offers Instructor-led training or Online Instructor-led training for 40 hours to complete the course. The course fee is around $5500.00. This course is targeted for storage or cloud administrators who requires deep knowledge in EMC VNX Storage systems. The recommended training and the free practice test offered by the course makes the preparation easier. Dedicating time to cover the topics and regular practice with the referred products helps the candidate to pass this exam excellently.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.