How to Prepare for EXIN Agile Scrum
EXIN is one of the world's most renowned certification for IT professionals. EXIN certification on Agile Scrum validates a professional's knowledge in agile approach and Scrum methods. This certification mainly emphases on the principles of Agile and Scrum methods with the use of Scrum modules like sprint, meetings, roles and ceremonies. Agile Scrum is the flexible and easy adaptable methodologies to any project. It is easy to implement and will produce a high quality product that meets the demands of the clients.
The certification course is aimed for the professionals who like to keep them up-to-date in the technology developments. The course is suitable for the professionals who works in the field like Project Management, IT service Management, Software development and business management. The companies choose Agile Scrum approach over waterfall methodology to deliver high quality products in less time with low cost.
EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam is for 1 hour with 40 computer based multiple choice questions and 65% is the pass score. The course is for 60 hours totally, with 25 participants. No prerequisite is needed to undergo this training course. The candidate can find training providers and take a sample test at www.exin.com. The exam for this certification has been technologically developed in cooperation with universal field experts. To prepare for EXIN Agile Scrum certification the candidate need to cover the following topics:
- Introduction of Agile and Scrum: This topic covers 15% of the exam and it includes the overall Concepts of agile and Scrum where the candidate can learn about the importance of Agile methodologies, Strategy and Principles of Agile approach, Project management framework of Agile approach.
- Scrum Practices: It covers 35% of the exam. It includes Scrum roles where the candidate can learn about owner role of the product, master, team and manager role of Scrum, how other roles play out and how they contribute in Scrum. In time-boxing the candidate learn about the characteristics of rituals, Time-boxing, Sprints, daily stand up, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospective. The learner also covers the importance of backlog and its characteristics, how to mention requirements, importance of product owners and Split stories. In Scrum practices and methods they learn about the principles of pair programming, refactoring and continuous integration, configuration management value, difference between the testing on predictable projects and Agile testing, when Sprint and Release is done.
- Scrum planning: It covers 25% of the exam. It includes the concepts of light-weight and flexible plans where the candidate learn about how to respond to the change and follow a plan, Planning at multiple levels with Sprint, Daily, Portfolio and Product, how to describe the best way for Release planning, Planning Sprints for the activities on the following few weeks. In reliable estimate they learn to name the estimation at first principles, how to differentiate the estimation types, Units to measure size, different estimation techniques.
- Monitoring Scrum projects: This covers the least 10% of the exam. This topic includes the importance of Monitoring where the candidate learn to name the monitoring at first principles, how to denote metrics in Scrum, listing out commonly used charts and how to describe information radiators creation.
- Advanced concepts of Scrum: This portion covers 15% of the exam. This topic includes Scrum in various situations where the candidate can learn about implementing scrum in huge projects involving difficult inter-dependencies, implementing scrum in maintenance projects, transition of projects or teams to scrum, applying scrum in scattered teams, how projects of fixed price are personalised for scrum.
The book to be followed for this exam is 'Agile project Management by Dummies', Wiley publishing Inc., 2012, written by Mark C. Layton. This book is also available as e-book with ISBN code of 978-1-118-22214-0. Candidates are requested to visit the following webpages for some important concepts which was not covered in the book mentioned above. The webpages are Escaped Defect, Planning Onion, Osmotic communication and Ideal hours/days. Attending the training course regularly and by covering all the concepts, the candidate can attain this certification easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.