CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 certification is aimed at security administrator, network administrator, security architect, security engineer, information assurance technician, and security consultant/specialist who are responsible for ensuring information security in a company. They are also responsible to anticipate security risks and take appropriate actions to mitigate those risks, apply security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security threats intelligently.
This CompTIA Security+ certification validates a candidate's knowledge in network security principles, security concepts, threats and vulnerabilities of network, tools and procedures to confront various security threats and the candidates' skills to guard against those security incidents.
There are no prerequisites for the exam. However, CompTIA recommends a minimum of 2 years experience in network security and CompTIA Network+ certification.
This exam tests candidates' knowledge in the following major topics:
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam consists of total 100 multiple-choice questions that you have to answer in 90 minutes. The total marks for the exam are 900 and you need to obtain at least 750 marks (on the scale of 100-900) to pass the exam.
CompTIA Security+ certification is valid for three years. To keep yourself certified, you need to either retake the exam or obtain 50 continuing education units (CEUs) before your certification expires.
After obtaining SMSP certification, you will be able to:
- Prove your ability to securea company's network by applying network security principles.
- Protect sensitive information on the company's network and prevent the internal network against security breaches and security threats.
- Get hired faster or achieve a higher position and promotion faster in your current job.
- Become eligible for additional certifications.
- Get recognized globally for your skills.
- Stand distinct among your peers.
CompTIA Security+ gave me the opportunity to apply for the role of junior security analyst at one of the biggest technology firms and has also given me a lots of confidence that made me strong emotionally. I am now a more competent and confident security Engineer.
Talia Trieste Nelson - junior security analyst - Northrop Grumman