CompTIA Linux+ certification, offered by LPI (Linux Professional Institute) is aimed at junior level system administrators or entry level network professionals who have little or no experience in Linux or Windows server administration. The CompTIA Linux+ exam is a vendor neutral certification that validates the basic skills and knowledge required by a person for becoming a Linux administrator.
The CompTIA Linux+ certification exams can be taken by candidates in job roles such as junior Linux administrator, junior network administrator, systems administrator, Linux database administrator and web administrator. The CompTIA Linux+ certification exams are available in the English, German, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), and Spanish languages.
The certification requires two exams to be cleared by the candidates:
- LX0-101: This exam tests candidate's basic knowledge and skills in maintenance tasks, user's assistance, and installation and configuration of workstations, and working at the Linux command line. The exam objective includes: understanding of system architecture, Linux Installation and package management, GNU and Unix commands, devices, Linux file systems, and file system hierarchy standard.
- LX0-102: This exam tests candidate's knowledge and skills in shells, scripting and data management, user interfaces and desktops, administrative tasks, essential system services, networking fundamentals, and security.
CompTIA Linux+ certification exams do not have any formal pre-requisites defined for the certification. However, CompTIA recommends knowledge and experience of the candidates in the following areas before taking the exam:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- At least 12 months of experience with on-the-job Linux administration
The CompTIA Linux+ certification allows you to:
- Certify that you have the basic knowledge of the key concepts required for becoming a Linux administrator.
- Pursue other LPI certifications such as Novell Certified Linux Engineer or RedHat certifications in Linux.
- Become LPIC-1 (Linux Professional Institute Certification- Level 1) certified and participate in the other LPI programs if desired.
- Get yourself recognized globally for being a highly motivated and a strong professional.
- Become more knowledgeable, get hired fast, and stand distinct among peers.
The CompTIA Linux+ certification exams consists of 60 multiple choice questions that need to be completed in 90 minutes. The maximum marks for the exam are 900 on the 100-900 scale and you must score at least 675 marks to clear the exam.
CompTIA Linux+ certification is free from the three year expiration policy of the other CompTIA certifications. So once you have obtained this certification, the certification will be valid for your life time.
I was an intern in a local firm that had Linux as its main operating environment. I longed for the position of administrator. Then, my colleague encouraged me to attempt CompTIA Linux+. I passed with a score of 820 out of 900. When I showed my certificate to my boss, he kept it in my file. After a few months, he called me for an interview and I was instantly hired as a Junior Linux administrator. CompTIA Linux+ is my first step into the world of Linux and being a technical guy, I think Linux is better than other operating systems.
Joshua Yehuda - Junior Linux Administer - Parlous and Divine Network Services
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.