Certification: Test Analyst
Certification Full Name: Test Analyst
Certification Provider: ISTQB
Exam Code: ATA
Exam Name: Advanced Test Analyst
ISTQB Test Analyst Certification is one of the advanced level certification that can boost your career as a test analyst. ISTQB Test Analyst Certification is an internationally recognized certification for software testing engineers. This certification allows you to focus on business domain requirements and analysis ofthe quality measurement of a system as per the client's expectations. ISTQB Test Analyst Certification is especially intended for testing engineers who have already achieved an advanced position in their software testing career and want to gain a deeper understand of software testing.
Because ISTQB Test Analyst Certification is an advanced level certification exam, it requires:
- Minimum 3 years of testing experience
- ISTQB CTFL (foundation level) certification
Before taking the exam, you need to submit the proof of CTFL certification and the experience verified by your employer to the certification authority firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You can also submit your resume in place of your experience certificate. In the cover email, it is important to specify that the information provided by you is accurate and complete to the best of your understanding.
ISTQB Test Analyst Certification exam is one of the three exams of the advanced level certification (CTAL) of ISTQB exams. The other two exams are Test Manager and Technical Test Analyst. You need to clear all the three exams to achieve ISTQB CTAL certification. Once you are CTAL certifies, you can appear for the Expert Level (CTEL) certification.
The CATL Test Analyst exam consists of 60 questionsthat need to be completed in 3 hours with 65% or better score. The learning objectives of the exam are defined at four levels: K1- understanding of basic facts, K2 - understanding of interrelation of facts, K3- Application of facts, and K4-Analysis of facts, techniques and standards
The exam tests you on the following skills:
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle - K2: This section focuses on the time and level of involvement of the test analyst in each phase of the software development life cycle in different software development life cycle models.
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control- K2: This section focuses on the measurement data and metrics collected to monitor and controltesting activities. This objective tests you onthe measurementsthat allow you to manage the testing project and initiate changes.
- Test Analysis-K4: This section focuses on analysis of the test conditions and the tests on the basis of a given test scenario on a lifecycle model.
- Test Design- K2, K4: This section focuses on the test conditions that need to be understood by the stakeholders. It also focuses on the analysis of a project scenario and design low level and high level test cases for the same.
- Test Implementation- K2:This section focuses on the test implementation skills of a test analyst that involves meeting of the test criteria that affect the implementation effort.
- Test Execution - K3: This section focuses on the test execution skills of a test analyst that involves steps and considerations that should be taken care of while executing tests.
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting - K2: This section focuses on the supply of information to be used by the test manager to meet the exit criteria of tests and reports and ensure that the data is accurate.
- Test Closure Activities K2: This section focuses on the delivery of the examples of the work products by the test analyst during test closure.
ISTQB Test Analyst Advanced certification allows you to:
- Accredit your test analysis skills internationally and perform outcome driven test activities in real world situations.
- Determine structure and perform appropriate level of testing for products that are built using various software development life cycle models.
- Apply appropriate testing techniques and provide appropriate level of documentation with defined coverage and testing criteria.
- Determine the appropriate type of functional testing to be done and participate in reviews with stakeholdersand apply skills to remove common defects in work products.
- Prioritize test cases and test data selection, based on the risks involved and determine various tools to be used to perform different types of testing.
ISTQB Test Analyst Advanced certification helped me to predict the test execution time more accurately and perform regression testing and defect validation much faster using automation tools. The certification knowledge especially helped me in performing better regression testing in my team for each build in the project, which used the iterative and incremental development lifecycle.
JohnSteel, Senior Test Analyst,Halcyon Technologies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.