Certification: Test Manager
Certification Full Name: Test Manager
Certification Provider: ISTQB
Exam Code: ATM
Exam Name: Advanced Test Manager
ISTQB (International Qualifications Board Software Testing) Test Manager
ISTQB Test Manager Certification is an advanced level certification for testers who want to develop advanced testing skills with a practical knowledge of analysis, design, and implementation of testing strategies. ISTQB Test Manager Certification is an internationally recognized certification for testers, which not only allows a certified tester to have a better understanding of advanced level testing skills but also allows a tester to stand distinct among the fellow testers and get appreciation from the bosses, clients and peers.
Because ISTQB Test Manager Certification is an advanced level certification exam, it requires:
- Minimum 3 years of testing experience
- ISTQB CTFL (foundation level) certification
Before taking the exam, you need to submit the proof of CTFL certification and the experience verified by your employer to the certification authority email@example.com email address. You can also submit your resume in place of your experience certificate. In the cover email, it is important to specify that the information provided by you is accurate and complete to the best of your understanding.
The ISTQB Test Manager Certification exam is one of the three exams of the advanced level certification (CTAL) of ISTQB exams. The other two exams are Test Analyst and Technical Test Analyst. You need to clear all the three exams to achieve the ISTQB CTAL certification. Once you are CTAL certifies, you can appear for the Expert Level (CTEL) certification.
The CATL Test Manager exam consists of 65 questions that need to be completed in 3 hours with 65% or better score. The learning objectives of the exam are defined at four levels: K1- understanding of basic facts, K2 - understanding of interrelation of facts, K3- Application of facts, and K4-Analysis of facts, techniques and standards.
The exam tests you on the following skills:
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control- K4: This section focuses on the foundation level test objectives and tests you on the test management activities. These activities require you to plan, monitor and control testing of products.
- Test Analysis - K3: This section focuses on analysis of the defined test conditions and tests you on the checks that you perform to analyze the completeness and consistency of the test conditions with respect to the test objectives.
- Test Design- K3: This section focuses on test design skills of a tester that involves the identification of the test cases and the elaboration of the test conditions.
- Test Implementation- K3: This section focuses on the test implementation skills of a tester that involves prioritizations of tests, checking of data dependencies and constraints, and development of test execution schedule through test analysis.
- Test Execution - K3: This section focuses on the test execution skills of a tester that involves monitoring of test progress.
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting: This section focuses on the evaluation of the exit criteria of tests and reports by ensuring the use of effective processes.
- Test Closure Activities K2, K3: This section focuses on the test completion check and the tests artifacts handover skills of a tester.
The ISTQB Test Manager Advanced certification allows you to:
- Accredit your test management skills internationally and get a more senior role in software testing.
- Set up an effective test team and manage the testing projects with the implementation oftesting goals and improved test processes.
- Create and implement consistent and accurate test plans within the organization according to the organizational test strategies.
- Continuously monitor and control test activities in the organization and identify the resource gaps and necessary testing skills to implement a testing project.
After achieving ISTQB Test Manager Advanced certification, I was able to apply testing techniques that I had learned through this exam and was able to reduce regression test cases from800 test cases to 300 test cases. This was a great achievement because I was able to save 60% of the company's time in performing regression testing of the product that we were testing. Now my company wants all the testers to take ISTQB Test Manager Advanced certification.
Terri Osborne, Senior Test Analyst,CA Technologies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.