Certification Full Name: Nurse Entrance Test
Certification Provider: Test Prep
Exam Code: NET
Exam Name: Nurse Entrance Test
How to pass NET and get good results?
Finished your high school and aspiring to be a nurse?
If you are aspiring to be a nurse, then you need to take up the Nurse Entrance test, also known as NET. The examination is tough and therefore, you need to refer to the right sources to ace through the test. More than anything, you need to work smarter than working harder. This test ensures that the applicants have a strong basic understanding of the prerequisite subject area.
NET has 175 questions divided into 6 parts
- Reading Comprehension
- Test - Taking skills
- Learning style
- Stress Level
- Social Interaction
There are many nursing schools, which include some additional exams like grammar and punctuation. NET includes all the above-mentioned six sections, but only reading comprehension (English) and math sections are taken into consideration to determine admission. Significance of other sections is to give prospective students and instructors an insight into potential strengths and problems the student might observe in academically demanding nursing program.
Average Scores at NET
Judging by the earlier records, the average score on the NET is about 65% to 73%. Now this looks low and easy to achieve, but the test level is difficult and students have only been able to achieve such low scores.
Math - Nurses have to perform basic mathematical computation on the job. NET's math test is to check general math and algebra skills of the prospective students. An applicant should score a minimum of 50 on this test, though some schools may emphasize on scoring 60 or above.
Reading - Medical textbooks contains scientific terms and thorough comprehension of the content is necessary. NET labels readers at one of the three levels. "Independent" means scores ranging from 60 to 100, which are the highest, and "Instructional" means scores from 45 to 59. Students within this range of scores are at risk to be rejected. "Frustration" - Scoring below 44 and Writing - The writing section which tests the grammar skills of applicants. Not all schools consider this test as essential for clearing the entrance test. However, low scores on the grammar section reduce the chance of acceptance into the program. Average score in this section is 58.
With different Nursing schools and different criteria for selection, some may go for minimum score in individual tests. Most schools look for a composite score, but anything above 60 increases the applicant's changes of acceptance.
How to ace NET test with good results?
Looking at the average or minimum scores required for the test, this is clear that the prospective nursing students are under immense stress. The amount of time they require to dedicate for preparations can vary from 8 to 10 hours a day. However, by following the stpes mentioned below, you can succeed with excellent scores.
- Make a list of universities/ schools that accepts NET score. Many schools require Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) along with NET.
- Know the dates of the availability of applications
- Find out the specifics about the test. How long this test will take? What topics are covered in test and their content. This information is available on NET test study guide.
- While practicing, monitor your timings. Some students feel math to be an easy one. The questions include in this section are percentages, algebra, adding, subtraction and fractions. If you are good at math, then save time from this section to use it for others.
- Reading comprehension is said to be the most difficult part of the test. The best advice is DO NOT try reading the whole passage. Breeze through it and see what questions are being asked. Keep options in mind and look for the answers. Generally, the main idea is stated in first few sentences and is covered in the conclusion paragraph at the end.
- Online learning programs offer guidance so that prospective students can learn from the comfort of their homes. These tests are designed by nurse educators.
- Take as many practice tests as you can. This will give you a fair idea of your timings, efficiency, strengths and weakness.
- You will not be allowed to use calculator or cell phones during the exam. Practice without them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.