LPIC-3 is the highest level of certification in the Linux community, meaning you are a true expert in your field. LPI stands for the Linux Professional Institute. LPI was created to set the foundation for a globally recognized standard for the certification of Linux IT professionals. The LPI certification program was created to meet the desires of both IT professionals and the businessesthat employ these professionals. In order toattain this goal the Linux Professional Institute hasadopted a comprehensive andvendor neutral program.
Some of the highlights of the LPI Certification Program are as follows:
- The LPI program is sponsored and supported by a high number of different organizations and Linux based projects.
- Finally, it is well respected. Holding an LPI certification is something that any Linux/IT professional can be proud of.
- It is created by the Linux professional community consisting of teachers, professionals, and industry experts.
- It maintains a quality level of excellence. The program solicits input from various IT/Linux professionals and experts to ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- It is vendor neutral, so you can be certain that your knowledge of the underlying Linux system is tested, and not some specific vendor implementation of it. This is true both for the operating system as well as the training involved. A variety of preparation methods are available for LPI certification, not just one specific training partner.
- It is challenging and rewarding. You will must know the subject matter well if you hope to pass.
- The LPI program us consistently updated, using input from various IT professionals to ensure that relevant and up to date information is being tested.
To become LPIC-3 certified, any one of the valid exams in the 300 series will be satisfactory. In the past candidates were required to successfully pass the LPI-301 Coreexam before getting any of the other specialties. Now, however, anyone currently holding a valid LPIC-2 certification will be able to become LPIC-3 certified by successfully passing any of the following specialty exams.
- 300 Mixed Environment
- 303 Security
- 304 High Availability and Virtualization
Who should become LPIC-3certified?
The LPIC-3 certification is geared towards the enterprise-level professional. This program has been developed over the years using the input of numerous Linux professionals and some of the world's leading IT related organizations. It represents the ultimate achievement in the successful Linux system administrator.
To become LPIC-3 certified you shouldhave the following:
- Several years of experience with installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining Linux based systemsused for a variety of purposes.
- Experience with the integration of varied technologies and operating systems.
- Experience as abusiness class Linux IT professional.
- Advanced level of knowledge in Linux administration, including installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, security, and troubleshooting.
- Be able to utilizea variety of troubleshooting andcapacity planning tools.
- Experience utilizing LDAP to integrate with Windows and Unix services, including Samba and Active Directory
- Be able to design, build, and implement a full network implementation using Samba and LDAP.
Benefits of LPIC-3certification include:
- Certification assist you in setting out and following a well-defined career path.
- LPI certification is created from within the Linux user community, by your peers.
- See an increase in your salary, job opportunities, and credibility through this respected credential.
- Becomeofficially accredited as a Linux Professional
- Demonstrate to your employers that you are motivated to fully understand the inner workings of Linux and prove your capability as a Linux end user.
- It can significantly affirm and enhance your professional skills, improve your employment prospects, and boost your salary.
- Establishes your skill set for distinct Linux related tasks.
- Easily validates your ability to a possible partner, supplier, contractor or employer.
- Provides you the opportunity to assist in the development of the Linux standards and exam certification content.
After getting years of experience as a Linux system administrator, I began the LPIC certification process using my on the job knowledge. I quickly realized that I still had much to learn, and progressing from the LPIC-1 to the LPIC-2 and then finally to the LPIC-3 certification I found myself to be much more knowledgeable in my job functions than I had ever been before. My co-workers then came to me for complicated issues that came up at work, and I was able to resolve these issues quickly. I am now regarded as a true Linux expert around the office, and get a great deal of respect. I very much anyone the do the same, you can start becoming LPIC certified whether you are new to Linux, or have years of experience. With a little motivation, you can really give your career a major boost.
Daniel Sinclair, Principal Network Administrator at Cloud Services, LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.