The Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Networkcertification (640-692 RSTECH) exam is aimed at support technicians and network professionals who design, install, and operate Enterprise and Service provider networks. The exam is one of the Cisco career certification foundation exams that tests candidate's skills to work effectively with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and perform onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating software.
The certification allows you to gain in-depth knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and the operating environments of these networking devices. After obtaining this certification,you become eligible for a CCT Data Center certification and become a support executive or follow the other route and become CCNA, CCNP and CCIE certified.
There are no prerequisites for this exam.
The 640-692 RSTECH exam consist of 60-70 questions that need to be completed in 90 minutes. The maximum marks for the exam are 1000 and you must score at least 790 marks to clear the exam.
The exam tests your skills in the below given domains. The percentage of syllabus from each domain is:
- Identify Cisco Equipment and Related Hardware's 27%
- Describe Cisco IOS Software Operation 27%
- General Networking Knowledge 27%
- Service-related Knowledge 23%
640-692 RSTECH certification is valid for three years. However, you can renew the certification by passing any of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Current CCT exam (RSTECH, DCTECH or TPTECH), or
- Current ICND1 exam and the current ICND2 exam, or
- Current CCNA Composite exam, or
- Current CCDA exam, or
- Any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops), or
- current 642-XXX professional level exam, or
- Current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams or Implementing Cisco Telepresence Installations [ITI] exams), or
- Any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- CCDE Written Exam, or current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
The 640-692 RSTECH certification allows you to:
- Become eligible for CCT Data Center certification
- Get qualified to provide onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating environments.
- Identify Cisco router and switch models, accessories, cabling, and interfaces
- Be able to use the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to connect and service products.
- Get yourself recognized globally for being a highly motivated and a strong professional.
- Become more knowledgeable, get hired fast, and stand distinct among your peers.
When I read about RSTECH exam and how it can prepare you for the support and maintenance of router and switches, I was demystified. I passed CCT routing and switching with a good score. The information and the skills that I learned from CCT routing and switching helped me immensely in my networking career. Technicians are hard to come by. Almost everyone wants CCNA, CCNP and CCIE. But technicians are the coolest people in a data center so RSTECH can help you become the most important aide to an engineer - a technician who can solve problems instead of just discussing it.
Larry Davidson, Network Analyst
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.