Useful tips and latest changes in VCP5-DT
VMware certified professional are respected all over the over the world as VMware is one of the leading companies in the Information Technology world.
The VMware Certified Professional 5 - Desktop or theVCP5-DT is a certification course for Virtual Systems Engineers who want VMware to validate their skills in managing the components of the Vmware View software. Candidates for the VCP5-DT exam should be comfortable working with the vSphere environment.
The benefits of acquiring a VCP5-DT certification are:
- Your technical knowledge and skills will be recognized
- Official transcripts
- You can use thr VCP5-DT logo
- You can get access to the exclusive VCP portal & logo merchandise store
- VMware will invite to take beta exams and classes
- Discounts on publications from VMware Press
- Attend VMware events on discounts
- Increased career growth opportunities
You are eligible to seat for the VCP5-DT exam if you have fulfilled either one of the conditions stated below:
- You have attended the following qualifying courses.
- VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware View: Desktop Fast Track [V5.0]
- VMware View: Desktop Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.2]
- You have any of the following certifications:
- VC5-DCV- VMware Certified Professional5- Data Centre Virtualization
- VCP-Cloud - VMware certified Professional Cloud
VMware recommends the following training course to help you pass the exam:
Application Virtualization with VMware Thin App
Listed below are the study resources that will help you prepare for the exam:
- VCP-Desktop Exam Blueprint and the VMware View Blueprint: These blueprints which can be downloaded from the official VMware website are your first go-to resource, they will guide you on what to prepare for the exam. It will also familiarize you with the exam format.
- Practice Exams: These mock tests will evaluate your preparation for the exam. The practice exams available the VMware website are the free practice guide and the VMware official Practice exams by Measure Up.
- Study Guides: You should follow the following study guides while preparing for the exam:
- VCP-Desktop Official Cert Guide : This guide consists many mock questions and gives many pointers on how to prepare for the exam. Both your Conceptual skills and hand-skills stand to improve if you study this guide. You can download this guide from the VMware official site.
- JasonLanger's study guide: This study guide covers the VCP5-DT objectives and you will find lessons installing and configuring View Enviroment, Creating and configuring Pools, implementation and trouble shooting the various components of VMView Software.
- The VMWare view instructional videos: These videos available at the VMware site and will give you expert advice on how to manage VMware View components.
- Blogs to follow: Go through the following blogs to know how other candidates prepared for VCP-DT candidates prepared for their exam and their exam experiences:
- VCD Networking for Dummies by Massimo Re Ferre
- vCD Networking series by Duncan Epping
- vCD Allocation Models by Ducan Epping
- Books: VMware technology experts recommend the following books to you:
- Building End-Use Computing Solutions with VMware View by Mike Laverick and Barry Coombs
- VMware View 5 Desktop Virtualization Solutions by Andre Leibovici and Jason Lagone.
- Lab experience: You have to have hands on experience working on the technology to be well prepared for this exam . You can build your very lab by using Browmbag's Autolab in your PC.
The VCP5-DT exam has 85 questions which you have to answer in 90 minutes.
Some additional tips for the VCP5-DT candidates:
- The questions mostly trend to concentrate on VCD-Networking.
- To get a good score read the following topics carefully:
- Supported OS, DB for view components.
- Firewall ports.
- ADM Templates