Certification: SCS Data Loss Prevention
Certification Full Name: Symantec/Broadcom Certified Specialist Data Loss Prevention
Certification Provider: Symantec
Exam Code: 250-513
The SCS Data Loss Prevention Administration certification course is built to present you with the concepts on configuring and administering the Symantec's Data loss prevention platform and get well equipped to it. You will also be getting used to different products related to the Data loss prevention and the best practices that are offered for such purpose like network prevent and monitor, network protect and discover, endpoint prevent and discover. The course is designed to perform on Windows platform by Microsoft.
Who can do this certification?
The course can be taken by anyone related to the field of data loss prevention. The major work in this field is to configure, maintain and troubleshoot the problems related to the data loss prevention. The course can also be pursued by the technical personnel who have the responsibility to create such data loss prevention policies and maintain the structure. Any person having the work related to these above mentioned things must go for this course.
The Data Loss Prevention Administration certification course will be helping you get valuable experience to enable you to test the new skills acquired and get them straight to the working environment. Till the time you reach the end of this course, you will be highly equipped to use the Symantec Data loss prevention administration. You will be able to survive easily in an environment of complex network change and data acquisition. Candidates will also be having the chance to discuss their knowledge and experience with the trainer as well as set their expertness against the product data loss prevention administration.
The first step in for this course begins with five day long training on administration of Symantec's data loss prevention. The next step to achieve Data Loss Prevention Administration certification is to appear for the exam number 250-512. You need to complete both the steps mentioned above successfully in order to land yourself a certification.
Basic knowledge and introduction to Windows server about the commands and classes of operating system is required before pursuing this course. Besides these, familiarity with networking and the different network security methods is also required as a prerequisite for this course. Make sure you are well trained with these guidelines before you opt to go for this certification course.
Overview of the exam
The main topics for the five day long training period include the following list:
- Introduction, architecture, overview to data loss prevention by Symantec.
- Reporting and navigation on the user interface and their analysis, reporting filters, features and preferences, commands, and incident snapshot.
- Remediation incident and workflow, managing different users and their attributes, custom attribute.
- Policy overview and management, creating policies and using templates, best practices in policy building and development.
- Management of response rule, overview, creating automated and rules for smart response and best practices related to it.
- Content matching and detection methods using cased and described content matching in policies.
- Directory group and data matching and advanced exact data matching.
- Document matching and using indexed document matching in policies.
- Machine learning and create a vector machine learning profile.
- Network monitor overview, traffic filtering and protocols and applying the best practices on it.
- Network prevent introduction and overview to Email and web.
- Endpoint prevent introduction, overview and configuring endpoint prevent, creating the response rules and taking the endpoint incident prevent and best practices.
- Overview of data loss prevention in tablets, installation, configuration, reporting, troubleshooting logging, remediation and other such issues.
- DLP agents and their management.
- Endpoint discover introduction, creating, running and discovering reports for endpoint discover and their features.
- Enterprise enablement for risk reduction and the maturity model.
- Server and system administration, credential management, support language, diagnostic tools and troubleshooting.
A proper skill - set related to the topics of Network discovery and network protect introduction, overview configuring the targets, analyzing and saving the data, Flex Response platform, managing the scans etc. is highly recommended before going for this course.
The exam for this course will have total of 95 questions and 105 minutes will be given to complete it. Passing score is a minimum 77% required to clear the test.
Validity of the certification
All the Symantec certification courses are valid for lifetime use. The certification will not lose its value but in case, a new product has been launched, then a recertification will be required to verify your expertise with the latest in the market.
The Data Loss Prevention Administration certification course being an SCS verified will never be losing its value till the time the industry requirement exists. This certification uses the current technologies to meet the needs of users and provide a genuine solution to the problem. There is no harm going for the course but to only boost your career ahead.
Clinto Anderay, Oslohia Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Andriod and IOS software is currently under development.