ITIL is a very commonly accepted approach in IT service management. This helps to understand how the IT services can be improved. The main area ITIL concentrates on it to ensure that the IT services are planned according to the business needs. It therefore helps in the development of the business. Many organisations today are hiring he ITIL professionals for better results and performance. ITIL has different levels of qualification the first one is ITIL V3 foundation.
As the name itself suggests ITIL V3 foundation is the entry level. At this level the candidates are trained on the basic concepts of ITIL, the terminologies used in ITIL and the contribution of this to the service management practice. ITIL V3 consists of various levels and these are foundation, intermediate, expert and master. You will have to move from one level to the other gradually and slowly. Only at the successful completion of ITIL V3 foundation can you move ahead to the next level.
Exam information for ITIL V3 Foundation
We will now move on to discuss how you can prepare for ITIL V3 Foundation exams. This certification is basically meant for these enclosed people:
- It is for all those who want to get a broad understanding of ITIL framework.
- This can be taken up by those IT professionals who want to improve the quality of the IT services.
- Even those who have completed the course on ITIL can take it up to improve their knowledge.
ITIL V3 foundation exams are available in many languages. The AXELOS has the right to authorise the institutes to take ITIL V3 foundation exams. These institutes are called ATOs (accredited training organizations). These are the only institutes that are licensed to training and conducting ITIL V3 foundation exams. There are many such ATOs across the world. Try to locate one closest to you.
Before you appear for the exam do enrol with the courses that are offered by the ATOs.
Some important points that you must know:
- The exam is a one hour paper and you need to answer 40 marks questions. The questions are multiple choice ones. You will not be allowed to refer to anything during the exams.
- The passing percentage is 65%. Most of the questions are asked from ITIL foundation in IT service management examination question bank.
- If you are planning to take the public exam you must book the slots three weeks in advance.
- If you are giving the exam online you will get the results immediately.
- The fees of ITIL V3 foundation can be found out from the institute you are taking the training from as the fee keeps changing.
- If the candidate is disabled they can ask for extra time but this must be informed at the time of registration itself.
Benefits of ITIL V3 Foundation
Now that you have a basic idea of ITIL V3 Foundation we will try to list down some of the advantages that you will enjoy once you complete ITIL V3 Foundation:
- There is a huge demand for ITIL professionals across the world. This will ensure that you get an assured job.
- After you are done with ITIL course you will realise how much value the course has added to your professional abilities and knowledge.
- ITIL qualification has become compulsory for the IT service professionals in order to improve their chances of growth in career.
- Some employers also consider ITIL certification as a must for appointment into the organisation.
I was a recent graduate and wanted to make my career in IT service management. I did get calls from some good companies. I had a degree from a reputable college and was confident that I will get placed. However, this was not happening none of the interviewers were convinced by my knowledge. I read about ITIL V3 foundation in one of the magazines and thought of taking it up. After the completion of the course I got a dream job. It really did give a good start to my career
Robert Smith, IT service manager, Accenture, Chicago.