CCNA Routing and Switching certification given by Cisco can be considered by any entry level network engineer. It is also known as Cisco Certified Network Associate course. This course helps the candidates to improve their networking knowledge considerably. Once you have done the course you will acquire the entire competency that is needed to operate a medium sized switched network. The candidates can make connection to the remote sites using the WAN. They can also deal with basic threats to security.
Exam information forCCNA routing and switching:
If you feel that you would like to take up CCNA Routing and Switching then you may find these points useful:
- Any network engineer with about one to three years experience can take up this course. This is not a prerequisite but it is better if the candidate has this experience.
- The training exams that you can take to prepare for this exams are Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2).
- CCNA Routing and Switching certification is valid for three years only. The candidate will have to recertify before these three years. Some of the exams that the candidate must clear to recertify are as follows:
- The current CCIE written exam.
- The current CCDE Written or practical exam.
- The Cisco Certified Architect interview
- The candidate can also past the current Associate-level exam
- The candidate can refer to the self study material also that is available online at the Cisco website.
- CCNA routing and switching exams are conducted by the learning partners that have been approved by Cisco. Try to locate the learning education partner closest to you if you want to take up these exams.
- Some of the topics that are covered in CCNA routing and switching training are as follows:
Apart from the above topics you can prepare some more topics as they will prepare you better for the exams and help you to perform better. The curriculum is changed from time to time as per the changes in the technology.
- Cisco licensing
- Serial line Interfaces
- Frame relay interfaces VLANs
- Ethernet VLSM
- Basic traffic filtering
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- You can also take up the practice exams in order to be better prepared for the exams. The more you study and refer the better will be your chances of clearing the exams.
The exams that you will have to clear to get certified are 640-802 CCNA or 640-822 ICND1 and 640-816 ICND2.
Benefits of CCNA Routing and Switching:
Some of the many benefits that can be associated with CCNA Routing and Switching are as follows:
- As the course and certification is managed by Cisco the value of this certification is quite high in the job market.
- Many candidates have benefited immensely from this course. They have got better pays and a job that they had been looking for.
- The course of CCNA routing and switching is designed for the market and it develops all the skills that the employers are looking for. This is exactly why the professionals with this certification have a high demand in the job market.
- As the candidates are trained on the latest software and hardware they get an edge over others and show better performance in their jobs.
- After completing this foundation level course you can move on to some more advanced courses.
I was a newcomer and was looking for a core networking job. In one of the interviews I was told that if I am looking for a core networking job I will have to improve my qualification. This is why I took up theCCNA routing and switching. During the course I learnt a lot about network management. After this when I went for the interviews I was able to impress all with my deep knowledge of networking. The interviewers liked me and gave me a chance to do a role that was much more challenging for my experience.
Harold Meas, Network Administrator, Ajilon Professional Staffing, Las Vegas.