How to pass VCP5-DCV and get good result?
VCP5-DCV certification will help you establish your career in Data centre Visualisation Skills, it is a proof that you have the skills necessary to install, deploy, scale and manage Vmware vSphere environments. vmware makes it mandatory that you undertake one of the following courses to qualify for the VCP5-DCV certification:
If you are a general candidate, the following courses are appropriate for you.
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]
If you are a professional with experience in VMware vSphere 5.x technology, you have to take one of the following courses.
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V5.1]
- vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track
If you already posses a VCP4-DCV certification or have completed a VCP4-DCV qualifying class, the following courses are mandatory for you.
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.0]
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.1]
- VMware vSphere: What's New [V4.x to V5.5]
In addition to completing any of the above courses you have to clear one of the two examinations,
VCP550 based on vSphere v5.5 and VCP510 based on vSphere 5.0/5.1.
The course work though extensive is not enough to help you prepare the exams. Here are the other resources you should explore:
- Blueprints: The blueprints for the exams are available on the vmware's official website. These will provide you pointers to the items that require study. Also make sure you use the blueprint for your hands on lab practice.
- The vmware mock exam: Take the mock exam to know the kind of questions that will be asked at the exams , it will help you evaluate your performance level and understand the format of the exam.
- Reference Books : Scott Lowe's Mastering VMware vSphere 4 book, Brian Atkinson's VCP5 VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 5 Study Guide: Exam VCP-510 and vSphere 5 Clustering Technical Deepdive book by Duncan Epping and Frank Denneman are books that you need to read .
- Blogs: Read Blogs by vmware experts like Preetam Zare, Josh Coen, Jason Langer and Scott Vessey where they have discussed their experience with the exam and provided useful pointers to clearing the exam.
- Videos: Watch the vSphere 5 Trainsignal videos by David M Davis and Elias Khnaser to make sure you don't miss out on knowing on the slightest level of setting.
- Simon Long's practice exams : Take these exams to test your knowledge, they consist of a good set of questions which are very ideal for practice.
- Study Guide: Nick Marshall's study guide which provides link to vBrownBag's web episodes provides excellent study material for this test.
- Hands-on experience : To gain a thorough understanding of the subject matter you need practice, if you don't have access to a working lab environment you can get one or build one on your computer.
Additional tips that will help you do well in the examination.
- You should posses knowledge about all the vmware products, you need not go in to details of each and every product but you should know what each product does.
- Take the vSphere Install Configure Manage course very seriously as it covers ground for most of the test questions
- The test is made up of multiple choice type questions with very clear directions. If there is one answer to the question it will ask for one answer and if there are two answers it will ask for two.