All about MCSE: Data Platform
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data platform course focuses on design, installation, and maintenance of Microsoft Database environment and to implement and troubleshoot database objects. Earning this MCSE: Data platform certification is undeniable evidence of the candidate's skill and knowledge in developing enterprise-scale data solutions in his own data centre or in cloud environment.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Certification takes multi-disciplinarian approach in solving IT solutions focusing on database administration and cloud computing. MCSE is one of the most standard certifications ever offered by Microsoft. MCSE Data Platform certification is owned by the professionals to qualify their position as database analyst and database designer. This is an instructor-led course which makes the learner more equipped with valuable skills and knowledge and the learner gains more proficiency through hands-on practice, simulation and real world applications.
MCSE: Data Platform course includes MCSA: SQL Server 2012 Certification, which is a prerequisite along with two other certification exams. MCSA SQL Server 2012 Certification involves 3 steps to attain its certification successfully.
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012: It is a 5 day instructor-led course. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server disciplines. This exam measures your ability in creating database objects, modifying data and recovering data from errors. This exam is specifically intended for SQL Server DBAs, system engineers and application developers who are willing to validate their skills in writing queries.
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases: It is a 5 day course which aims at providing skills and knowledge in maintaining databases of Microsoft SQL Server 2012. They also learn to setup database systems, restoring and backing up data and securing data from unauthorised users.
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012: It is also a 5 day course focusing on providing ability to create a data warehouse, to validate and clean data with SQL Server Quality data services and Master services. This exam is for data warehouse developers who create BI solutions and who works on data cleaning and data warehouse implementations.
After completing MCSA SQL Server 2012 certification, the candidate can write other two certification exams of MCSE: Data Platform Certification. Those exams are:
- Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
The learner with the prior knowledge in writing basic SQL queries and knowledge about relational database concepts can attend this course. This is a 5 day instructor-led course. This certification exam is intended for database professionals who develop and implement enterprise-scale databases and ensures about high-availability of data.
This course introduces Microsoft SQL Server 2012 product features and focuses on creating database objects with views, stored procedures along with functions and parameters. This course also covers about procedure coding like transactions, locks, error handling, triggers and concurrency. The certified candidate will be able to:
- Design SQL Server tables with appropriate data types.
- Create heaps and tables with clustered and composite indexes.
- Design database objects with views and stored procedures.
- Use SQL CLR integration, DML Triggers and investigate deadlock situations.
- Store XML Schema and data in SQL Server and perform basic queries in XML.
Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
This course is taken by database professionals who are willing to prove their proficiency in building and designing enterprise-scale database solutions. The learner who attend this course should have prior knowledge in T-SQL, SQL Server components, database objects and windows network and security architecture.
This course focuses on designing and monitoring highly available data solutions with high performance making use of SQL Server 2012. This course covers topics such as compression of data, data migration, scalability and security. After completing this course, the certified candidate will be able to:
- Design a database server infrastructure foe business applications
- Design security for SQL Server instances and databases
- Plan and implement SQL Server health monitoring
- Design and Manage multi-server automation
- Manage indexes for high performance and implement high availability solution.
The professionals with the certificate MCITP: Database Developer 2008 or MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 can upgrade to the MCSE: Data platform certification. The entire knowledge about the Microsoft SQL Server is gained through this certification.