z/OS is an IBM operating system for mainframe. IBM tells its customer of z/OS to agree a rational preventive maintenance approach of maintenance such that they could circumvent any issues much before they occur. Therefore, consultants who would like to get certified with this exam should be very well knowledgeable on the operating system functionalities.
Who can do this certification?
This certification is intended for persons who are already experienced in the DB2 administration. They are expected to have an extensive knowledge on the z/OS operating system. It is better to know about the new characteristics and usage related to DB2 10. The professional should be able to perform the advanced level of database related activities like installing, migrating, updating, design, audit and implementation that are very much pertaining to z/OS operating system.
By finishing this certification the person could solve the issues that are raised pertaining to the z/OS operating system which is considered a difficult technology. The higher management would turn their eye on you and acknowledge your work.
This certification needs two exams to be cleared.
- Step 1 – Pass any one below exam.
- Fundamentals of DB2 10.1(C2090-610)
- Family Fundamentals DB2 9(C2090-730)
- Step 2 – Pass this exam
This certification aims at a very high level of understanding and expertise in the area of DB2 10 database administration and also requires knowledge in the area of DBA system program for more than 2 years. Writing SQL queries would be an additional advantage and should be able to work efficiently and independent.
Topics covered –
- Knowledge on Creating and designing view and tables, what is performance impact of identity column, performance impact of row id, performance impact of reorder row format, performance impact of hash access?
- Performance impact of sequence column, how to design indexes, designing table spaces, what are the different space attributes, what is partitioning and create partitioning, what is Normalization and their types.
- How to normalize and de normalize a table, what are the different integrity rules that are defined by the user and how to implement them, Altering DB2 objects using appropriate methods, Creating and managing the LOB and XML objects
- Knowledge in the encoding schemes and their implications, how to implement data distribution and how to implement replication.
- What are the commands essential for the unusual circumstances, what is an database outage and its types (Planned/Unplanned), Ensuring a timely preventive measure of taking the database image periodically and how to protect the database from outages.
- Unloading and loading data to the tables of database, rearrange objects once required, what are the commands required for normal day to day operations, managing and monitoring the utilities and threads and how to determine a problem?
- What are the different situations for recovery and backup, define the distinctive planning for recovery in an environment of data sharing, what is virtual storage, what are the advantages and disadvantages of virtual storage?
- Identifying and responding the status of the objects, performing health checks, what are checkpoints and its significance, how to recover from a disaster and collect statistics of an object.
- Knowing the different roles and privileges, access protection to DB2, auditing the activities and resources of DB2, identification of techniques that are related to primary audit, detect and react to the problems arise due to security suitably, creating and maintenance of roles and contexts and executing row and column level permissions
- How to plan for monitoring the performance, performance analysis, what is RUNSTATS statistics and how to respond, REBIND activity, when/how to perform it, what are the requirements of cache for applications that are new, how to implement the replication activity and distribution of data, interacting with WLM
- What are the traces of DB2 and explain the implication of performance, what are the metrics that are critical to performance, tuning SQL query, dynamic performance of SQL, design characteristics for performance
- What are ZPARMs, what are the modes of up gradation or migration and what are the data sharing components and explain them.
This exam will test the ability of using the concepts of the database administration of DB2 version 10.1. After completing this certification the ability will increase to a level that you can do it independently and in as a team.
The number of questions required to pass this exam is 60% of the total 67 questions and the time provided is 90 minutes.
This certification does not have a validity period.
This certification is very good for professionals who are interested in the area of z/OS operating systems. This teaches the concepts very intensely and helps you to understand them well. I found this very useful for my career.
Rexlin Freeta, CTS,
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the products after purchase?
All products are available for download immediately from your Member's Area. Once you have made the payment, you will be transferred to Member's Area where you can login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long can I use my product? Will it be valid forever?
Test-King products have a validity of 90 days from the date of purchase. This means that any updates to the products, including but not limited to new questions, or updates and changes by our editing team, will be automatically downloaded on to computer to make sure that you get latest exam prep materials during those 90 days.
Can I renew my product if when it's expired?
Yes, when the 90 days of your product validity are over, you have the option of renewing your expired products with a 30% discount. This can be done in your Member's Area.
Please note that you will not be able to use the product after it has expired if you don't renew it.
How often are the questions updated?
We always try to provide the latest pool of questions, Updates in the questions depend on the changes in actual pool of questions by different vendors. As soon as we know about the change in the exam question pool we try our best to update the products as fast as possible.
How many computers I can download Test-King software on?
You can download the Test-King products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers or devices. If you need to use the software on more than two machines, you can purchase this option separately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What is a PDF Version?
PDF Version is a pdf document of Questions & Answers product. The document file has standart .pdf format, which can be easily read by any pdf reader application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, OpenOffice, Google Docs and many others.
Can I purchase PDF Version without the Testing Engine?
PDF Version cannot be purchased separately. It is only available as an add-on to main Question & Answer Testing Engine product.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by Windows. Android and IOS software is currently under development.